Karen

Default List box, I think

I have tried to search for the answer but could not quite find what I was
looking for. I have a spreadsheet which have cells that have a drop down box
which allows the user to select four choices. I need to insert rows, which
contain a lot of formulas along with the cell for the drop downs. When I
insert my rows, I can drag the formulas down-no problem. But, I lose the drop
down box capability in several cells. I did not create this spreadsheet so I
don't know how the drop downs were created. When I right click on the cell, I
get this in this order: Cut, Copy, Paste/ Paste Special are greyed out,
Insert, Delete, Clear Contents, Insert Comments, Format Cells, Pick from
List, Add Watch, Hyperlink.

I don't (know how) want to add a new one as there are formulas whose outcome
is based on the choice a user makes. It is a very complicated spreadsheet.
Is there any help for me? Thanks!
Karen
Peter Belko MOS MI

I use non-English excel, therefore I don't know sure menus.
Try: Data - Verify (the 5th command in data). In dialog box look to drop
down list and select "list". If it is with your four choices, you need
prepare verify for all new cells in rows.
peter