Rochelle

Default vlookup:suddenly doesn't work for half the rows in the same wk.bk

I have a vlookup retrieving info from another page in the same workbook. To
make things easy I copy the first row of formulas to the rows below and it
works up to a ceratin row, and the I get #N/A. The error description is
"Inconsistent formula" and the trace has a line from the lookup value to the
cell next to it and then a dotted line to another cell two rows up.
I have no clue why there is this difference - I have changed cell formats
both on the source page and in my report page; the formula is the same as the
rows above (they work, btw) so what is the problem with the rest of the rows?
Any comments or suggestions?
Niek Otten

Please post your initial formula and the first one giving #NA.
I guess that the reference to the table is relative instead of absolute,
something like A1:A100 instead of $A$1:$A$100.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Rochelle" wrote in message
I have a vlookup retrieving info from another page in the same workbook. To
make things easy I copy the first row of formulas to the rows below and it
works up to a ceratin row, and the I get #N/A. The error description is
"Inconsistent formula" and the trace has a line from the lookup value to
the
cell next to it and then a dotted line to another cell two rows up.
I have no clue why there is this difference - I have changed cell formats
both on the source page and in my report page; the formula is the same as
the
rows above (they work, btw) so what is the problem with the rest of the
rows?
Any comments or suggestions?

Dave Peterson

Another option if the lookup table is on a sheet by itself (with nothing below
it)...

You can use the whole column:

=vlookup(a1,sheet2!a:e,3,false)

Rochelle wrote:

I have a vlookup retrieving info from another page in the same workbook. To
make things easy I copy the first row of formulas to the rows below and it
works up to a ceratin row, and the I get #N/A. The error description is
"Inconsistent formula" and the trace has a line from the lookup value to the
cell next to it and then a dotted line to another cell two rows up.
I have no clue why there is this difference - I have changed cell formats
both on the source page and in my report page; the formula is the same as the
rows above (they work, btw) so what is the problem with the rest of the rows?
Any comments or suggestions?

--

Dave Peterson
Rochelle

Default vlookup:suddenly doesn't work for half the rows in the same wk

Hi,
You're right I haven't used absolutes.
I have a source page with information for a project within the same row (to
the right of the project number). Then the range of the whole sheet is named
Calculatie.
So the formula on the report sheet is
=if(A3=0;"";VLOOKUP(A3;calculatie;3;false))

This formula is the same for each cell below including the one containing
#N/A except of course the lookup value is different because it is a new row.

I considered the fact that the problem info may fall outside of the named
range, but I renamed it and re-enterd the VLOOKUP formula and still no joy.

So, any ideas?
Rochelle