Neville

Default Data Validation

I have set up a data capture form, with data validation for the various
cells. How can I ensure that my form will not allow a data capturer to enter
past a cell without capturing valid data? At the moment it is possible to
enter past a cell without capturing anything - the data validation criteria
only come into play if the data capturer enters something.
FSt1

hi,
you may not be able to stop the user from going past a cell. but you can put
code in to check all of the input cells for data. the only thing is that you
a trigger to fire the code. that is the foggy part of your post. how are you
captureing the data once the form is filled in. and what are you doing with
it.
sub macCheckCells
if isempty(A1) then
msgbox("put something in Cell A1")
Exit sub
else
If isempty(A2) then
msgbox("put something in cell A2")
exit sub
end if
end if
end sub
this is a technique used in access and other databases to insure required
input.
regards
FSt1