phillyjoe

Default Can I avoid annoying Update Links message

I find more and more that I get the "update links?" question when I open a
workbook. I make frequent use of sheet names in formulas. Does the message
appear if I simply use a sheet name in a formula in the workbook? I wish I
could at least figure out what "link" Excel thinks it sees, and tell it to
forget it. Can I? This is minor, but annoying to me. For someone not
familiar with Excel's eccentric ways, the message can cause panic.
Anne Troy

Hi, Joe. Try this:
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"phillyjoe" wrote in message
I find more and more that I get the "update links?" question when I open a
workbook. I make frequent use of sheet names in formulas. Does the
message
appear if I simply use a sheet name in a formula in the workbook? I
wish I
could at least figure out what "link" Excel thinks it sees, and tell it to
forget it. Can I? This is minor, but annoying to me. For someone not
familiar with Excel's eccentric ways, the message can cause panic.

David

?B?cGhpbGx5am9l?= wrote

I find more and more that I get the "update links?" question when I
open a workbook. I make frequent use of sheet names in formulas.
Does the message appear if I simply use a sheet name in a formula in
the workbook? I wish I could at least figure out what "link" Excel
thinks it sees, and tell it to forget it. Can I? This is minor, but
annoying to me. For someone not familiar with Excel's eccentric ways,
the message can cause panic.

The way I read your msg, you don't want to be asked, but want to keep any
links Excel interprets as such. You don't say what version of Excel you are
using, but here in XL2000, there's an option to suppress or allow:

Tools|Options|Edit tab Ask to update automatic links

--
David