singlgl1

Default Ignore #REF! when adding columns?

I have a spreadsheet that updates links from other sheets daily. At the
bottom it tallies the monthly runing totals.Since some of the source
sheets do not have data yet entered, I get a #REF! in my cells that
have no data, therefore my monthly accumalated also has #REF!.
How can I get it to ignore the #REF! and/or show these as blank?
Thanks-Greg

--
singlgl1
singlgl1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26389

swatsp0p

Of course you could edit each of your formulas with an IF statement to
check for error codes and, if exist, return "" (this would be a lot of
work, I'm thinking).

=IF(ISERROR(yourlinkhere),"",yourlinkhere)

However, this works for me and is only one cell to change:

=SUMIF(yourrange,"=0")+SUMIF(yourrange,"<0")

enter cell references to tally in place of 'yourrange'

This should ignore all cells with errors, text and the like.

Good Luck

--
swatsp0p

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15101
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=480138

Dave O

Where #REF! is returned, you might change your formula to
=IF(ISNUMBER(your formula here),your formula here,"")

This will prevent REF! from returning, and the sum will evaluate
properly.