Cimbian

Default Changing language of an existing sheet

I have a spreadsheet from a colleague in the USA and the currency cells show
the USD ($) symbol, though I need it to be in GBP (£) as I will use it in the
UK.

My PC is fully UK configured.

How can I change this sheet?

Jim Sweet

Right click on any cell with the dollar sign and select Format Cell. On the
left pane, select Currency. On the right of the dialog under "Symbol:" click
the drop down and a list of foreign currency symbols will appear. Scroll down
to the pound symbol for United Kingdom. This should work for any currency.
Good luck!!

"Cimbian" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet from a colleague in the USA and the currency cells show
the USD ($) symbol, though I need it to be in GBP (£) as I will use it in the
UK.

My PC is fully UK configured.

How can I change this sheet?

Dave O

You may need only to change the format of the cell: click Format
Cells and select the Number tab; select Currency and then the symbol for GBP.

Dave O

It may be as simple as changing the cell format for the currency cells:
click Format Cells and choose the Number tab; in the Symbol dropdown,
select pounds sterling.

Cimbian

Jim,

Ignore my ramblings..... I had suffered a senior moment.... I've only been
working with Excel since the early '90s so it is all a bit new to me ;-)

As soon as I wrote the post I knew what a fool I had been. I was looking for
a format language as in Word.!!!!

Old dogs and new tricks, eh?