-   -   how do I insert the current time (static) and date in a cell? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/52716-how-do-i-insert-current-time-static-date-cell.html)

DF

how do I insert the current time (static) and date in a cell?

I want to use Excel as an automated timesheet.

Peo Sjoblom

how do I insert the current time (static) and date in a cell?

Ctrl + ; and Ctrl + :

Peo Sjoblom

"DF" wrote in message
I want to use Excel as an automated timesheet.

DF

how do I insert the current time (static) and date in a cell?

That instruction does not help; I have tried to do that, but nothing happens.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Ctrl + ; and Ctrl + :

Peo Sjoblom

"DF" wrote in message
I want to use Excel as an automated timesheet.

Cene K

how do I insert the current time (static) and date in a cell?

Ctrl + ; will return the date Ctrl + Shift + ; will return the time

"DF" wrote:

That instruction does not help; I have tried to do that, but nothing happens.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Ctrl + ; and Ctrl + :

Peo Sjoblom

"DF" wrote in message
I want to use Excel as an automated timesheet.

Bob Phillips

how do I insert the current time (static) and date in a cell?

That is Ctrl and ;/: keys together, i..e Ctrl-; and Ctrl-Shift-;, not the +
key.

--

HTH

RP

"DF" wrote in message
That instruction does not help; I have tried to do that, but nothing

happens.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Ctrl + ; and Ctrl + :

Peo Sjoblom

"DF" wrote in message
I want to use Excel as an automated timesheet.

jocke

how do I insert the current time (static) and date in a cell?

hi try this

ctrl + shift+;
and you will get the date

/jocke