lucasjackson

Default How can I share information between sheets in Excel?

Here's what I want to do:
I have three sheets which share data/names/info.
I only want to type it in once.
For example: Sheet 1, cell A1 will have the same info as Sheet 2, cell B2,
and sheet 3, cell C3.
Is there a way to type it in once into Sheet 1, and have it copy
automatically into the other sheets?

Thanks in advance for helping.
James Hamilton

Assume you want to enter the data in cell A1 of sheet 1.

1. go to sheet 2 and in cell A1 enter, "=Sheet1!A1"
2. do the same in cell A1 of sheet 3
3. enter your data into cell A1 of sheet 1. It will appear in cell A1 of the
other two sheets.

James

"lucasjackson" wrote:

Here's what I want to do:
I have three sheets which share data/names/info.
I only want to type it in once.
For example: Sheet 1, cell A1 will have the same info as Sheet 2, cell B2,
and sheet 3, cell C3.
Is there a way to type it in once into Sheet 1, and have it copy
automatically into the other sheets?

Thanks in advance for helping.

lucasjackson

Sorry, quick follow up.
Is there anyway to make it so I can write in a particular cell of anyone of
the three sheets and it copy to the other cells on the other sheets?
So entering into Sheet 3, cell a1, will copy to sheets 1 and 2, cell a1.
And on and on?

Thanks again

"lucasjackson" wrote:

Here's what I want to do:
I have three sheets which share data/names/info.
I only want to type it in once.
For example: Sheet 1, cell A1 will have the same info as Sheet 2, cell B2,
and sheet 3, cell C3.
Is there a way to type it in once into Sheet 1, and have it copy
automatically into the other sheets?

Thanks in advance for helping.

James Hamilton

You can set it so that what you type in sheet 1 goes into all other sheets
(sheet 2, 3, 4, 5, etc), however the "destination" cell has to be the result
of only one other cell (eg. A1 of sheet1).

But just on that, you can enter mathematical functions so that, for example,
the destination cell is A1 of sheet 1 and A1 of sheet 2 added together.

Does this help?

jamesDOThamilton@optusnetDOTcomDOTau