-   -   Return activie cell indicator to column A next row down. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/52621-return-activie-cell-indicator-column-next-row-down.html)

Dewayne

Return activie cell indicator to column A next row down.

I enter data across 24 (A - X) columns in the same row. I then return to
column A, to enter data across the same 24 columns one row beneath the
completed row.
How can I have Excel return to colume A and move down 1 row automatically
after I have entered data in the last (column X) column?
Thanks for any help.
--
Dewayne

Dave Peterson

Return activie cell indicator to column A next row down.

If you select your range first (say A2:X99), then you could just hit enter (or
hit the tab key) to go across (and then down).

To make the enter key work, turn:
tools|options|edit tab|change move selection after enter to right (or turn it
off)

Dewayne wrote:

I enter data across 24 (A - X) columns in the same row. I then return to
column A, to enter data across the same 24 columns one row beneath the
completed row.
How can I have Excel return to colume A and move down 1 row automatically
after I have entered data in the last (column X) column?
Thanks for any help.
--
Dewayne

--

Dave Peterson

Mladen_Dj

Return activie cell indicator to column A next row down.

After you enter values in A1, use Tab button to move to B1, Tab to C1, etc.
When you enter data in X1 press Enter to move to A2. Repeat proces.

"Dewayne" wrote in message
I enter data across 24 (A - X) columns in the same row. I then return to
column A, to enter data across the same 24 columns one row beneath the
completed row.
How can I have Excel return to colume A and move down 1 row automatically
after I have entered data in the last (column X) column?
Thanks for any help.
--
Dewayne

pinmaster

Return activie cell indicator to column A next row down.

Hi,
An easy way is to select your 24 columns and as many rows as needed
then simply enter your data.

HTH
JG

--
pinmaster
pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6261

Dewayne

Return activie cell indicator to column A next row down.

Thank you Mladen_Dj
--
Dewayne

"Dewayne" wrote in message
I enter data across 24 (A - X) columns in the same row. I then return to
column A, to enter data across the same 24 columns one row beneath the
completed row.
How can I have Excel return to colume A and move down 1 row automatically
after I have entered data in the last (column X) column?
Thanks for any help.
--
Dewayne

Dewayne

Return activie cell indicator to column A next row down.

Thanks for the help Dave

--
Dewayne

Dewayne wrote:

I enter data across 24 (A - X) columns in the same row. I then return to
column A, to enter data across the same 24 columns one row beneath the
completed row.
How can I have Excel return to colume A and move down 1 row automatically
after I have entered data in the last (column X) column?
Thanks for any help.
--
Dewayne

--

Dave Peterson

Dewayne

Return activie cell indicator to column A next row down.

Thank you
--
Dewayne