ledzepe

Default Addition on "text" cells

Hello everyone,

I wonder if this is possible, cell A1 contains the text "P0001", cell
A2 contains "P0021", A3 contains "P0041" and so on until "P0581". The
values are separated by 20 units.

If the cell is numeric, I could just make the formula on A2 as "+A1+20"
and copy it down. This will give me the result from cell A2 21, 41,
etc.

Is there a way to make a formula or something so that I can have
"P0001", then "P0021" and so on, on a single column.

--
ledzepe
ledzepe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25207

Sloth

Why don't you keep it numerical and us a custom format of

P0000

Then you can drag it down like you described.

"ledzepe" wrote:

Hello everyone,

I wonder if this is possible, cell A1 contains the text "P0001", cell
A2 contains "P0021", A3 contains "P0041" and so on until "P0581". The
values are separated by 20 units.

If the cell is numeric, I could just make the formula on A2 as "+A1+20"
and copy it down. This will give me the result from cell A2 21, 41,
etc.

Is there a way to make a formula or something so that I can have
"P0001", then "P0021" and so on, on a single column.

--
ledzepe
ledzepe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25207
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=479869

RagDyer

Simply enter
P0001
in A1, and
P0021
in A2, and select *both* cells, and drag down to copy.
--
HTH,

RD

"ledzepe" wrote in