WhoC@nItbN0W

Default Appen " ' " to all cells

I need to import my 'excel based' contact list into Outlook2003. However, to
do this the character ' needs to be appended to all cells if Outlook has to
read the data.
Any idea on how to do this?

Regards

Roger Govier

Hi

Try entering in another column to the right of all of your contact fields
="'"&A1 where A is the column you wish to change. Change letter for each
successive column you need to alter.
Copy down the column(s)

Copy the whole range of new Data Paste SpecialValues to "fix" the values
as absolute values instead of formulae.

You did say append. If you truly meant that, then change the formula round
to put the "'" after the cell value.
=A1&"'"

Regards

Roger Govier

WhoC@nItbN0W wrote:
I need to import my 'excel based' contact list into Outlook2003. However, to
do this the character ' needs to be appended to all cells if Outlook has to
read the data.
Any idea on how to do this?

Regards

Ian

I assume you need to append ' to the beginning of the data. If you need it
at the end, reverse the order of the 2 components after the = sign (around
the & symbol).
Change the r & c ranges to suit your rows & columns.

Sub appendcharacter()
For c = 1 To 10
For r = 1 To 10
Cells(r, c).Value = "'" & Cells(r, c).Value
Next r
Next c

Ian
--
"WhoC@nItbN0W" wrote in message
I need to import my 'excel based' contact list into Outlook2003. However,
do this the character ' needs to be appended to all cells if Outlook has
read the data.
Any idea on how to do this?

Regards

WhoC@nItbN0W

Hi:

1. Apologise for the typo.

2. Ok, while this seems to work in terms of "append to the beginning" (or
end), Outlook doesnt still seem to like it. So I did some research.

3. I created a "Contact" and exported it into excel. Now while the " ' "
shows up before the data in the cell, actually it is not visible! "Name
Ranges" I think they call it.

4. So I am back to square one.