Default Customizing Worksheet Menu Bar question. Help!

How does one make a excel file that has a customized Worksheet Menu Bar,
without using macros to do it?

I was given an excel file that when you open it, it adds new menus to the
Worksheet Menu Bar. It doesn't do this using macros, because the menus still
get added when I open with macros disabled. How does one do that? When I use
Customize to edit the Worksheet Menu Bar, I see those new menus, and I can
edit them. But when I save and close the excel file, and then open it again,
my changes are not saved. Any ideas on how one makes those changes
permanent? Thanks.

(P.s. this file was created with an old version of Excel on a macintosh).