Bryce

Default Offset, Dynamic range, Countif

I need to count the # specific items within a list of data (in Column K).
Column K data is limited to four "Status" responses ("Confirmed" "Good" "Bad"
"Non-Responsive"). The corresponding dates (in Column J) tells me the date
these items were entered into system.

I would like to have a formula which looks at the date within cell A3 (a
variable input cell allowing me to search using a

specific date) and looks only within the date range under column J and
counts the # of "Non-Responsive" cells under column K (still abiding by that
date cell range).

I have tried many diff ways but am having trouble utilizing the offset
function (I've never used it). Please help me out guys.
Roger Govier

Hi Bryce

One way
=SUMPRODUCT(--($J$2:$J$1000=$A$3),--($K$2:$K$1000="Non-Responsive"))
or, if you put the status in another cell (A4?) then you could get each of
the results without changing the formula, just by changing A4
=SUMPRODUCT(--($J$2:$J$1000=$A$3),--($K$2:$K$1000=A4))

Change ranges to suit, but do ensure that they are of equal length.

Regards

Roger Govier

Bryce wrote:
I need to count the # specific items within a list of data (in Column K).
Column K data is limited to four "Status" responses ("Confirmed" "Good" "Bad"
"Non-Responsive"). The corresponding dates (in Column J) tells me the date
these items were entered into system.

I would like to have a formula which looks at the date within cell A3 (a
variable input cell allowing me to search using a

specific date) and looks only within the date range under column J and
counts the # of "Non-Responsive" cells under column K (still abiding by that
date cell range).

I have tried many diff ways but am having trouble utilizing the offset
function (I've never used it). Please help me out guys.

Gary76

Something along the lines of:

=SUMPRODUCT(($J$2:$J$31=$A$3)*($K$2:$K$31="Non-Responsive"))

You could put Non-Responsive into A4 and this would then read:

=SUMPRODUCT(($J$2:$J$31=$A$3)*($K$2:$K$31=$A$4))

HTH

"Bryce" wrote:

I need to count the # specific items within a list of data (in Column K).
Column K data is limited to four "Status" responses ("Confirmed" "Good" "Bad"
"Non-Responsive"). The corresponding dates (in Column J) tells me the date
these items were entered into system.

I would like to have a formula which looks at the date within cell A3 (a
variable input cell allowing me to search using a

specific date) and looks only within the date range under column J and
counts the # of "Non-Responsive" cells under column K (still abiding by that
date cell range).

I have tried many diff ways but am having trouble utilizing the offset
function (I've never used it). Please help me out guys.

Arvi Laanemets

Hi

=SUMPRODUCT(--($K$2:$K$1000="Non-Responsive"),--($J$2:$J$1000=$A$3))

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvil<attarkon.ee )