joel

Default Excel Today() function

I need to create a formula that looks at a reference cell then returns
Today() if the cell is between given values. If the the cell is not between
given values then the date in the output cell doesn't change, is this
possible???

Many thanks,

Joel
Bob Phillips

Joel,

You can't do what you want with a formula. If you put a formula in a cell,
that previous value is gone.

--

HTH

RP

"joel" wrote in message
I need to create a formula that looks at a reference cell then returns
Today() if the cell is between given values. If the the cell is not

between
given values then the date in the output cell doesn't change, is this
possible???

Many thanks,

Joel

Arvi Laanemets

Hi

Something like this?
=IF(AND(A10,A1<100),TODAY(),DATE(2005,10,1))

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvil<attarkon.ee )

"joel" wrote in message
I need to create a formula that looks at a reference cell then returns
Today() if the cell is between given values. If the the cell is not
between
given values then the date in the output cell doesn't change, is this
possible???

Many thanks,

Joel

joel

Hi,

Not sure what I need to do is possible then? To elaborate I have a
spreadsheet that shows 30+ pieces of live data updating from a server. I need
to create a system by which it automatically counts up the number of days
since the figures last changed for each of the 30 pieces seperatly.. if that
makes sense?

"joel" wrote in message
I need to create a formula that looks at a reference cell then returns
Today() if the cell is between given values. If the the cell is not

between
given values then the date in the output cell doesn't change, is this
possible???

Many thanks,

Joel

Roger Govier

Hi Joel

You are still not giving us the complete picture.
Do you have something like Date in column A and Value in Column B running
down through rows 1 to 30?

If so, then in C1
=IF(A1="","",TODAY()-A1)
copy down through C2:C30 and you will have the number of days for each of
the 30 items.

Regards

Roger Govier

"joel" wrote in message

I need to create a formula that looks at a reference cell then returns
Today() if the cell is between given values. If the the cell is not

between

given values then the date in the output cell doesn't change, is this
possible???

Many thanks,

Joel

pinmaster

Hi,
Try:
=IF(AND(A1value1,A1<value2),TODAY(),your other date)

HTH
JG

--
pinmaster
pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6261

joel

Hi,

Sorry not very good at explaining so thanks for your patience!
The Sheet has the live date and time at the top. Column B has the Name of
the piece of equipment it is monitoring, Column C,d,e static information
(which is not used) Column F has the live current value for the given pieces
of equiptment going down the sheet from 1 to 30. The information may move
minute by minute or not at all for 40 days depending on whether it is being
used or not. I need a days counter to start counting the number of days it is
static for if the live data isn't changing... I have made a macro that takes
a snapshop of the data and stores it in another column. If that value is Zero
I was then trying to write a formulae that uses the today() function to count
how many days have passed since was last not Zero.. If that makes any sense!
I am rapidly thinking it is alot more complicated that I first gave it
credit for!

Joel.

"joel" wrote in message

I need to create a formula that looks at a reference cell then returns
Today() if the cell is between given values. If the the cell is not

between

given values then the date in the output cell doesn't change, is this
possible???

Many thanks,

Joel

Roger Govier

Hi Joel

Then the date and time at the top of the sheet seem to be irrelevant to this
task. Basically we are dealing with Today() and the date that you have
captured elsewhere on your sheet, assuming you captured a date as part of
your "snapshot".

Regards

Roger Govier