fluci

Default Retrieving data from a corresponding row from a different column

Hello everyone. I have a dilemna and I need some help.

I have values in rows 1-100, and columns A-J
I need to put, into A2, the name of the person who has donated the most
money to my charity fund.
What I currently need to do is have a fluctuating chart that constantly
changes as I change the data.

What I am looking for, is somthing like this
Find the MAX(G:G)
From that value, determine the row which it is in.
From that specific row, retrieve the value from column A in there

I am trying to do something like...
A3 Formula: Column A of ROW(MAX(G:G))
Of course we all know that doesnt work, which is why I am here
Any help?

--
fluci
fluci's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25896

Peo Sjoblom

INDEX(Range_with_names,MATCH(MAX(Money_range),Mone y_Range,0))

what about a tie, the above will return the first occurrence of max, not a
second or third o=if there are
more than one

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"fluci" wrote in
message ...

Hello everyone. I have a dilemna and I need some help.

I have values in rows 1-100, and columns A-J
I need to put, into A2, the name of the person who has donated the most
money to my charity fund.
What I currently need to do is have a fluctuating chart that constantly
changes as I change the data.

What I am looking for, is somthing like this
Find the MAX(G:G)
From that value, determine the row which it is in.
From that specific row, retrieve the value from column A in there

I am trying to do something like...
A3 Formula: Column A of ROW(MAX(G:G))
Of course we all know that doesnt work, which is why I am here
Any help?

--
fluci
fluci's Profile: