Jerzy

Default "to be carried forward" - how to do it?

Hi All,

I have to print data from an Excel file in such way
that data from aone of columns must be summed up
at the end od each page as a "to be carried forward".
(so at the end of the last page I should have the total
sum for the column of all pages).

How to do it?

Regards
Jerzy
exceluserforeman

You could use the Data subtotals but it would probable be better to use a
macro.

Even better, a Specific Purpose Userform that allows you to subtoal, carry
forward, and print.

Send me more info and I will create it. i need to know if there are more
than one sheet, or morwe than one column in each sheet, etc...
As much info as possible.

See my stuff at
http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway
- -Mark

"Jerzy" wrote:

Hi All,

I have to print data from an Excel file in such way
that data from aone of columns must be summed up
at the end od each page as a "to be carried forward".
(so at the end of the last page I should have the total
sum for the column of all pages).

How to do it?

Regards
Jerzy

Jerzy

Thank you very much for your reply.

Send me more info and I will create it.

That's very kind of you.

i need to know if there are more
than one sheet, or morwe than one column in each sheet, etc...
As much info as possible.

There is one sheet only. There are more than one column in the sheet.
There are 10 or 15 columns in the sheet. I have to prepare it in 2 versions.
There are 2 (from 10) or 4 (from 15) columns which have to be summed
up at the end of each page and be carried forward. Each of the columns
separately.

See my stuff at
http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway

I've already seen it and I've added the address of the site to the list of my
favourite pages. :-)

Regards
Jerzy
Jerzy

I'd like to be precise:
There are 2 (from 10) or 4 (from 15) columns which have to be summed
up at the end of each page and be carried forward. Each of the columns
separately.

The columns shold be summed up at the end of each paga cumulatively,
of course.

Regards
Jerzy
Jerzy

Hi,

Thanks.

Have you read my first yesterday news? I sent it at 14:58 (GMT+2).
I wrote:
|| There is one sheet only. There are more than one column in the sheet.
|| There are 10 or 15 columns in the sheet. I have to prepare it in 2 versions.
|| There are 2 (from 10) or 4 (from 15) columns which have to be summed
|| up at the end of each page and be carried forward. Each of the columns
|| separately.
And then at 15:21 I added:
|| The columns shold be summed up at the end of each paga cumulatively,
|| of course.

you will need to send the workbook to me at

and all info regarding the project. Please be specific and do not leave out
any minor details.

I'll discuss the task today. I hope that the version with 10 columns will be the
only one. Besides, maybe any other simplifications in the sheet will be possible.
I didn't realise that using subtotals with carrying forward would be so complicated.

I'll talk to you later.

Thanks once again.

Regards
Jerzy

exceluserforeman

Hi,
your interpretation of what is required is, for me, difficult to understand.
Just tell me in simple terms what is required.
If you cannot send me the workbook then you have to be specific in which
columns are to be summed, if there are any blank spaqes in the sum range, and
where to put the carried forward amount ie range (A1)

1: Column K & L
2: Columns K & L & M & N

Any information received is kept confidential. Nothing is shared with any
persons, living or presumed dead.

Alternatively, Record a New Macro to do the following:

Got to the cell where you want the total value at the first column to be
summed
click the AutoSum feature in Excel It looks like a backward E on a toolbar
button.
Then click the cell to carry forward to and type the equals sign =
click the cell where the sum total is then press enter.
Do that for all the columns then click printer setup, make your options
click OK

Stop the macro.

Look in Tools Macro Visual Basic Editor
Double-Click on module1, if no other module is present, to view the code
created.

If the rows count does not change or the total sum cell does not shift then
you can use this macro anytime.

email:

- Mark

I wrote:
|| There is one sheet only. There are more than one column in the sheet.
|| There are 10 or 15 columns in the sheet. I have to prepare it in 2 versions.
|| There are 2 (from 10) or 4 (from 15) columns which have to be summed
|| up at the end of each page and be carried forward. Each of the columns
|| separately.
And then at 15:21 I added:
|| The columns shold be summed up at the end of each paga cumulatively,
|| of course.

you will need to send the workbook to me at

and all info regarding the project. Please be specific and do not leave out
any minor details.

I'll discuss the task today. I hope that the version with 10 columns will be the
only one. Besides, maybe any other simplifications in the sheet will be possible.
I didn't realise that using subtotals with carrying forward would be so complicated.

I'll talk to you later.

Thanks once again.

Regards
Jerzy

Jerzy

Hi,

I sent my workbook to your address at 20:54 (GMT+2) yesterday.
The subjet was "Carrying forward".

I"ll try to use the below macro today.

Thanks.

I wrote:
|| There is one sheet only. There are more than one column in the sheet.
|| There are 10 or 15 columns in the sheet. I have to prepare it in 2 versions.
|| There are 2 (from 10) or 4 (from 15) columns which have to be summed
|| up at the end of each page and be carried forward. Each of the columns
|| separately.
And then at 15:21 I added: