salwitt

Default Can I reverse the order of data in a set of cells?

I have a column of cells filed with data. I know I can transpose the data 90
degrees, but is there a way to cut or copy the data in the cells and paste it
so the values are in the opposite order, i.e. a 180 degree difference?
Thanks to anyone who can help.

I am using Excel 2003.
Peo Sjoblom

One way, insert a new column or use an existing, number it from
1 - n (where n is the last index value you want to reverse the order of,
so if your column is 100 rows number the help column 1, 2, 3 - 100)
select both columns and sort descending on the help column

Peo Sjoblom

"salwitt" wrote in message
I have a column of cells filed with data. I know I can transpose the data

90
degrees, but is there a way to cut or copy the data in the cells and paste

it
so the values are in the opposite order, i.e. a 180 degree difference?
Thanks to anyone who can help.

I am using Excel 2003.

Ken Wright

Data in A1:A100.

In cell B1 put 1, B2 put 2 and then fill down. Select A1:B100, sort
descending on Col B

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"salwitt" wrote in message
I have a column of cells filed with data. I know I can transpose the data
90
degrees, but is there a way to cut or copy the data in the cells and paste
it
so the values are in the opposite order, i.e. a 180 degree difference?
Thanks to anyone who can help.

I am using Excel 2003.

RagDyer

You can use a formula to reverse the order, so that both displays can be
side by side:

=INDEX($A$1:$A$20,20-(ROW(1:1)-1))
--
HTH,