naiveprogrammer

Default Compact Workbook

I have a workbook that contains 13 sheets with VBA code as well. My file is
rather large as you would expect. I use "Compact & Repair" often in Access
to make my files smaller. Does Excel have anything like this? Or is there a
way to make the file smaller??

Thanks!
Dave Peterson

Excel doesn't have a compact and repair option.

But if you hit ctrl-end on a worksheet and go past what you think is the bottom
right corner of your data, you can use some techniques at Debra Dalgleish's
site:

http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused

You can also reduce the size by cleaning the code.

You can Rob Bovey's code cleaner he
http://www.appspro.com/

--

Dave Peterson
Gord Dibben

Excel does not have a "compact" feature.

For reducing workbook size tips visit Debra Dalgleish's site.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqApp.html#Unused

Also get a copy of Rob Bovey's CodeCleaner utility.

http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/Default.htm

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 13:56:02 -0700, naiveprogrammer
wrote:

I have a workbook that contains 13 sheets with VBA code as well. My file is
rather large as you would expect. I use "Compact & Repair" often in Access
to make my files smaller. Does Excel have anything like this? Or is there a
way to make the file smaller??

Thanks!

exceluserforeman

Hi,
You could delete the blank rows in your code modules and any comments that
are not valid. As well as any routines that are not in use.

also, you do not mention if you use many formulas or colors...

- Mark