Excel dummy

Default How do I format a chart in Excel, but not the rest of the info?

I am trying to format a chart in excel, but I have some other information in
the document that I do not want formatted the same way. How can I apply
special formatting to one part of the document, but not the other.
Specifically, I would like to adjust the width of columns for some of the
document, but not for the other part of the document. Thanks
Gord Dibben

Column width and row height are properties of the column and row and cannot be
changed for sections of a sheet.

Can you employ the "center across selection" formatting found in
FormatCellsAlignmentHorizontal?

The only other outlet you have is to "merge" some cells.

I don't recommend this due to problems with sorting, copying, filtering and
other operations when using merged cells.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP