heathy

Default links in cells break and revert to user profile location

Hoping someone with great wisom can help.... if a user creates links in
a spreadsheet to cells in other spreadsheets... all ok so far!

if he/she then opens the spreadsheet but the linked files are
unavailable (lets say they are on a disconnected network drive), excel
decides to break the links and revert them to point back at the user's
profile area (C:\documents and settings\etc....)... this is only a
problem if a daft user then saves the file.

My question is - is there a way (reg key or similar) to turn off excel
trying to fix links in this way? what I actually want is for Excel to
ignore the fact that the links are broken and leave them as they are!!

hope that made sense, and many thanks for any assistance....