Alayna

Default View & Filter Worksheet

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give me.

I have a master worksheet with information on equipment and how long
equipment has been installed, etc. What I'd like to do, is set up a second
tab that views the information on the first tab and filters it based on a
single column. That way the end-user will have the master list and a filtered
view of the master list on the second tab. The end-user has limited excel
knowledge, so the goal is a simple sheet.

Any suggestions?
Otto Moehrbach

Please provide more detail about what you have in the Master sheet and what
you want to have in the second sheet. Also include details about how you
want this to happen, when you want this to happen. HTH Otto
"Alayna" wrote in message
Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give me.

I have a master worksheet with information on equipment and how long
equipment has been installed, etc. What I'd like to do, is set up a second
tab that views the information on the first tab and filters it based on a
single column. That way the end-user will have the master list and a
filtered
view of the master list on the second tab. The end-user has limited excel
knowledge, so the goal is a simple sheet.

Any suggestions?

Kevin Lehrbass

Hi Alayna,

One idea is to copy the data from the master worksheet (using a macro or
manually) to another sheet. If you want to have the end user filter only one
column of the data you can insert a blank column to the left and to the right
of the desired column and then select the top cell in that column and add
filter (Data/Filter/Autofilter). Hide the blanks columns (left and right of
column with filter) and then your end user will be able to filter only one
column.
It would be a good idea to explain that when a column is filtered, the arrow
is blue (grey when not filtered). Selecting 'All' displays all records again.

I'm sure there are other ways to do this, but this in a simple solution
which often works just fine.

Regards,

Kevin Lehrbass
www.spreadsheetsolutions4u.com