graph

Default using the LOOKUP function

Does anyone know how to use excel to look up and return values in 3 columns
to designated cells? Specifically, I have 3 columns of data...column A
contains the numbers 1 through 10; column B contains certain data; column C
contains more data. I need 3 drop down boxes that will allow me to choose
the following: the first drop down box will allow me to choose either column
B's data or column C's data. The other 2 drop down boxes will allow me to
choose a number 1 through 10. In this example, if I choose column B in the
first drop down box, the number 3 in the second box, and the number 5 in the
third box the result will be that the corresponding values in cells B3 and B5
will populate 2 SEPARATELY DESIGNATED cells. Alternatively, if I chose
column C for the first box, along with the number 3 in the second box and the
number 5 in the third box, the result would be the corresponding values in
cells C3 and C5 would populate two cells that I would have designated.
Bob Phillips

Use Data Validation with a list of B & C in the first, and a list of
1,2,3,...,10 in the second and third. Assuming that the DV cells are M1, M2,
M3, the designated cells then use the formula

=INDIRECT(M1&M2)
and
=INDIRECT(M1&M3)

--