Hirak Chatterjee

Default convert 12345(figure) into word

i want to convert the figure 123456 into (english) word
I also want to group the digit like 12,25,458
Both the answer should be in excel
bpeltzer

Grouping the digits is just formatting... select the cell(s) then Format
Cells. Select the Number tab, and choose the Number category, set the
Decimal places to 0 and check 'Use 1000 Separator'.
To convert to text, check the Microsoft site and search for 'spellnumber:'
--Bruce

"Hirak Chatterjee" wrote:

i want to convert the figure 123456 into (english) word
I also want to group the digit like 12,25,458
Both the answer should be in excel

Bob Phillips

See

--

HTH

RP

"Hirak Chatterjee" <Hirak wrote in
message ...
i want to convert the figure 123456 into (english) word
I also want to group the digit like 12,25,458
Both the answer should be in excel

exceluserforeman

Hi,
I have created a utlility that may help you
http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksw...ToLongText.xls

created: 10 August 2004. This utility converts numbers to its Long Text
Name. Example: 21 converts to twenty-one, 4002 converts to four thousand and
two. It only converts whole numbers. The following is exempt: Currency,
Decimals, Negatives. You can also send the result to a cell.

"Hirak Chatterjee" wrote:

i want to convert the figure 123456 into (english) word
I also want to group the digit like 12,25,458
Both the answer should be in excel

Hirak Chatterjee

Dear Sir,
I am very much obliged and grateful that you have created the program for me.

I am very much interested to learn program of Visual Basic and Java.

Would you kindly sendme something by which I can learn programming in visual
basic and java.

I have no basic idea about programming

would you kindly response in my appeal.

Thanks a lot and I will be obliged.

Hirak Chatterjee
India
West Bengal
Kolkata
Behala

"Hirak Chatterjee" wrote:

i want to convert the figure 123456 into (english) word
I also want to group the digit like 12,25,458
Both the answer should be in excel

Dave Peterson

I don't speak the Java, but you may want to invest in a book for VBA.

Debra Dalgleish has a list of books at her site:
http://www.contextures.com/xlbooks.html

John Walkenbach's is a nice one to start with. See if you can find them in your
local bookstore/internet site and you can choose what one you like best.