Celeste

Default How do I change a number in a cell without effecting the formula?

I want to edit the info in a cell like change the number from 1 to 2 without
effecting the formula in the cell. Can that be done?
Chip Pearson

A cell can contain either a constant, static, value or a formula,
not both. If it contains a formula, you must write the formula to
return the desired result.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Celeste" wrote in message
I want to edit the info in a cell like change the number from 1
to 2 without
effecting the formula in the cell. Can that be done?

paul

Default How do I change a number in a cell without effecting the formu

if it is always the same number within the formula that changes you could
have the number in a seperate cell and the formula would always calculate
with the newest number,ie instead of 4*3 in a1 which you change to 4*2 or
4*5,you could have =4*b1 in a1 and type your new number in b1.
--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!