Ltat42a

Default "Print this" link in a cell??

Can you put a link in a cell, that when you click on it, it will print
the current worksheet? How?

Thanx.

--
Ltat42a
Ltat42a's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24735

Nick Hodge

You could use the Workbook_SheetSelectionChange event if you want this to
happen on all worksheets. If it is a specific sheet then use the
worksheet_SelectionChange event behind the sheet concerned...

Code like that below will work (Using selection on A1 on any worksheet)

Private Sub Workbook_SheetSelectionChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target
As Range)
If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("A1")) Is Nothing Then
Sh.PrintOut

HTH
Nick Hodge
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Southampton, England
www.nickhodge.co.uk
HIS

"Ltat42a" wrote in
message ...

Can you put a link in a cell, that when you click on it, it will print
the current worksheet? How?

Thanx.

--
Ltat42a
Ltat42a's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=478471

Ltat42a

Nick Hodge Wrote:
[...]

View this thread:

Thanx....where do I insert this code?

--
Ltat42a
Ltat42a's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24735
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=478471

Norman Jones

Hi Ltat42a,

Nick's code represents a worksheet event procedure and should be pasted into
the worksheets's code module (not a standard module and not the workbook's
ThisWorkbook module):

Right-click the worksheet's tab
Select 'View Code' from the menu and paste the code.
Alt-F11 to return to Excel.

For information on Event procedures, see Chip Pearson at:

For introductory information on macros see David McRitchie's 'Getting
Started With Macros And User Defined Functions' at:

---
Regards,
Norman

"Ltat42a" wrote in
message ...

Nick Hodge Wrote:
[...]

Nick Hodge

Norman

Thanks for jumping in...on the contrary however. I have used, in the
example, the 'workbook' version of the SheetSelectionChange event to fire on
every sheet in the workbook. Therefore the actual example *should* be
placed in the ThisWorkbook code module, unless, as I pointed out, the code
was just required on one sheet. If this is the case, then follow Norman's
advice and use the Worksheet Selection_Change event behind the required
worksheet

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

Nick Hodge Wrote:
[...]

Norman Jones

Hi Nick,

My apologies- I mis-read the macro header.

Thank you for the correction.

---
Regards,
Norman

Nick Hodge Wrote:
[...]

Ltat42a

I'm new to the Visual basic editor. I'm not understanding what all is
involved to get this to work. In cell A1, I typed "Print This" (no
quotes). I right clicked on the worksheet tab, pasted the code you
provided......and nothing.

Am I missing some steps?

Thanx...