Alex McKenzie

Default Columm sums

Hi all
Thanks for help in the past & future

I have a columm of numbers to be added
There are about 1200 of these running say
from cells C1 down to C1200

I normally use the =SUM(C1:C1200) function
but often I only want to total part of these - say from
cells 250 to 650

I usually manually change the function each time - I am wondering
if there is some function I could use
where I could input say into cells B1 and B2 the numbers of the range of
cells
in the C columm I want to be totalled

Many Thanks

Alex

Ed Ferrero

Hi Alex,

If cell A1 contains the row no to start from - say 6
and cell A2 has the row no to end at - say 12

Then
=ADDRESS(A1,3) gives $C$6
=ADDRESS(A2,3) gives $C$12
and
=SUM(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(A1,3)):INDIRECT(ADDRESS(A2,3 )))
sums C6:C12

Ed Ferrero
http://edferrero.m6.net/