Javster095

Default Function

If my result is a negative number, how can I setup the function to display a
zero as suppose to a negative number. Example, if 2- 3= -1, but I would
rather have my cell to display a zero as suppose to a negative number?

Thanks.

Roger Govier

Hi

Something like
=IF(A1-B1<0,0,A1-B1)
or
=MAX(0,A1-B1)

Regards

Roger Govier

Javster095 wrote:
If my result is a negative number, how can I setup the function to display a
zero as suppose to a negative number. Example, if 2- 3= -1, but I would
rather have my cell to display a zero as suppose to a negative number?

Thanks.

Bob Umlas

to DISPLAY 0 (but calc as -1), use Format/Cells, select Custom, and enter:
General;"0"
To CALCULATE as 0, change the formula to be =MAX(0,yourcurrentformula)

Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Hyperlinks using R[1]C[1] and offset function in its cell referenc Elijah-Dadda Excel Worksheet Functions 0 March 5th 05 03:31 AM
Conversion SVC Excel Worksheet Functions 9 February 28th 05 02:29 PM
HOW CAN I GET OFFICE 2003 EXCEL BASIC TO NEST FUNCTIONS LIKE EXCE. Robert AS Excel Worksheet Functions 4 December 2nd 04 10:49 AM
Find a Function to use accross different worksheets R. Hale Excel Worksheet Functions 3 November 25th 04 07:07 AM