Georgyneedshelp

Default formula - all odd numbers (or even?)

Hi,

I want to copy A1, A3, A5, A7 etc. into a seperate column, but when I try to
copy it down, it doesn't seem to recognise my odd numbers request. What
formula should I use?

Thanks!
Bob Phillips

Use =INDIRECT("A"&ROW(A1)*2-1) and copy down

--

HTH

RP

"Georgyneedshelp" wrote in
message ...
Hi,

I want to copy A1, A3, A5, A7 etc. into a seperate column, but when I try

copy it down, it doesn't seem to recognise my odd numbers request. What
formula should I use?

Thanks!

Yorkie118

One way
Insert column A, Then enter number 1 in A1, 2 in A2,etc . Fill down A to
cover your data.
(Your data now in column B)
in eg C1 =If(ISODD(A1),B1,"")
Fill down column C to bottom of data.