-   -   Lotus 123 import to Excel loses 2 text characters (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/51403-lotus-123-import-excel-loses-2-text-characters.html)

mackie99

Lotus 123 import to Excel loses 2 text characters

Everytime I attempt to import or open a Lotus 1-2-3 file in Excel (2004 Mac),
it chops the last two characters off of every cell that is interpreted as
text. Ie. Jan becomes 'J', Feb becomes 'F', and numbers stored as text lose
the last two digits as well. I need to convert/update a great deal of files,
and cannot lose this information, please help.

Mike

Lotus 123 import to Excel loses 2 text characters

In Lotus can you save it as Excel, csv or xml file?

"mackie99" wrote:

Everytime I attempt to import or open a Lotus 1-2-3 file in Excel (2004 Mac),
it chops the last two characters off of every cell that is interpreted as
text. Ie. Jan becomes 'J', Feb becomes 'F', and numbers stored as text lose
the last two digits as well. I need to convert/update a great deal of files,
and cannot lose this information, please help.

mackie99

Lotus 123 import to Excel loses 2 text characters

No, the only 'save as' options in Lotus are 123 Mac, (.wk3), (.wk1), or text.