Diane

Default splitting cell values

I have a cell value with something like this:

5830 Paradise Bay - wall
or
Hickory Woods 26 - footing

I need to divide these into two columns separated by the dash. So the
address will go in one column and the other term (wall, footing, etc) will
go into another.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Diane

Peo Sjoblom

Make sure the column to the right is empty, if not select the column to the
right, right click the header and select insert, now select the column with
the text you want split, do datatext to columns, select delimited, click
next, check other and put in a dash there, click finish

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Diane" wrote in message
I have a cell value with something like this:

5830 Paradise Bay - wall
or
Hickory Woods 26 - footing

I need to divide these into two columns separated by the dash. So the
address will go in one column and the other term (wall, footing, etc) will
go into another.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Diane