greg1414

Default I can't open .qpw files in excel

In Excel (Office XP) any .qpw files a try and open return with a "File
Format Not Valied" error statement.
Timothy L

That is because Microsoft Excel CANNOT open or read the Quattro Pro (.qpw) file format.
There are NO converters/filters for Microsoft Excel that would allow you to open a Quattro Pro file in
Microsoft Excel.
In addition, Corel DOES NOT have a (free) Quattro Pro viewer.

The only way to open a Quattro Pro file would be to download and install WordPerfect Office 12 Standard
Edition Trial from Corel's website.

http://www.corel.com/

Need to open a file?
http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satelli...0 47024061459

WordPerfect Office 12 Standard Edition Trial
http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satelli...nloadContainer

AFTER WordPerfect Office 12 Standard Edition Trial has been installed...
Open the Quattro Pro (.qpw) file in Quattro Pro 12 by either double-clicking the file in Windows Explorer or
by starting Quattro Pro from the Start Menu (under Start - Programs - WordPerfect Office 12 - Quattro Pro)
and then going to File - Open...

In Quattro Pro, click File, then click Save As...
Choose "Microsoft Excel 97/2000/2002/2003" as the file type.
Choose a location to save the file. If I were you, I'd save it in same location as the original Quattro Pro
file.
Click the "Save" button.

Now open the Microsoft Excel Worksheet (.xls) in Microsoft Excel as you normally would open any other
Microsoft Excel Worksheet.

--
Please post all replies to the newsgroup for the benefit of others.
Requests for assistance by email will NOT be acknowledged!