mmoore

Default How can I locate links in an excel file and fix if incorrect?

I have a large excel file with some embedded links to other files. I am
trying to find a way to locate the links and make corrections as the files
they were linked to need to be changed.

Any thoughts on how to locate them quickly, correct them and test to make
sure links are gone?
Dave O

Download Bill Manville's FINDLINK.XLA from Stephen Bullen's website.

http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/Default.htm

mmoore

Dave;

Thanks for the suggestion. Went to the site, downloaded the file looked for
the links with "find links" and got a answer that no links were found, even
though when you select edit links, it shows that links exist? Any thoughts as
to what might be causing this?

I really need to find and remove the links if at all possible.

Thanks

"Dave O" wrote:

Download Bill Manville's FINDLINK.XLA from Stephen Bullen's website.

http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/Default.htm

S M

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem and for my case, the link is found in the
Name table; i.e. some one defined some data names that refer to some external
data. I managed to locate the link in the data name.

The Findlink.xla is amazing !!

Thank you very much for the suggestion !

"Dave O" wrote:

Download Bill Manville's FINDLINK.XLA from Stephen Bullen's website.

http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/Default.htm

Dave O

In addition to named ranges, sometimes the macro assigned to a command
button can be located on another sheet.