vishu

Default odd and even number conditional formatting

Hi,
I am trying to do Conditional formatting for odd and even numbers.
If number is Even, the cell pattern colour should be Red
If number is Odd, the cell pattern colour should be Blue
The formula I given is =ISEVEN($A$1) and in format selected the red colour.
=ISODD($A$1) and in format selected the
blue colour.
This formula is not working€¦.
But I am getting error message that you may not use references to other
worksheets or workbooks for conditional formatting criteria.
Please advice€¦

Biff

Hi!

The reason you get that error message is because those functions are part of
the Analysis ToolPak add-in which is in fact references to other worksheets
or workbooks.

Try these:

For even:

=MOD(A1,2)=0

For odd:

=MOD(A1,2)0

I'm assuming the numbers will only be integers.

Biff

"vishu" wrote in message
I am trying to do Conditional formatting for odd and even numbers.
If number is Even, the cell pattern colour should be Red
If number is Odd, the cell pattern colour should be Blue
The formula I given is =ISEVEN($A$1) and in format selected the red
colour.
=ISODD($A$1) and in format selected the
blue colour.
This formula is not working..
But I am getting error message that you may not use references to other
worksheets or workbooks for conditional formatting criteria.
Please advice.

Stefi

Use relative references:

=ISEVEN(A1)