Wayne

Default EXCEL HISTORY

When was EXCEL first released by MS and how may releases have their been since?
Bob Umlas

Approximately in 1986 -- I had version 0.99 for the Macintosh.
There have been about 11 versions:
1, 2, 2.1, 3, 4, 5, 95, 97, 2000, 2002, 2003
"Wayne" wrote in message
When was EXCEL first released by MS and how may releases have their been

since?

Peo Sjoblom

http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/index.htm

Peo Sjoblom

"Wayne" wrote in message
When was EXCEL first released by MS and how may releases have their been

since?

DRDurham

Are you referring to Excel for Mac or Win? For example when you refer
to 2.1, it was actually 2.2 for the Mac. This listing you give appears
to be for Windows. They are not the same, particularly after the
formation at Microsoft of the Mac Business Unit which began developing
Office applications with unique features designed for Mac customers and
needs. Most recently for Excel this was Excel X for Mac (for OSX), but
versions prior to that were called Excel 98 and Excel 2001. Perhaps
there is (or should be) an article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base that
would specifically give the history for the Mac.

DRDurham

DRDurham

Opps, I forgot the most recent version for Mac. Excel X was developed
by MacBU, but then they released a version for greater compatibility
with OSX called Excel 2004 (in Office 2004).

I will continue to search for a web site with proper Mac versions.

DRDurham

DRDurham

This site has a pretty good history and shows versions both Mac &
Windows

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...el&redirect=no

DRDurham