Diverej

Default How do I stop expanding cells in excel

I have a file that when opened on a Mac, the cells expand to a larger box
when you select one for data entry. Can anyone tell me how to turn this
feature off?
Thanks
Eric
CyberTaz

Hi Eric-

AFAIK there is no 'standard' setting in XL (either platform) that causes
cells to expand simply because you click one. Can you supply more specifics
about XL & OS versions, as well as how the file is being transported from one
to the other?

Regards |:)

"Diverej" wrote:

I have a file that when opened on a Mac, the cells expand to a larger box
when you select one for data entry. Can anyone tell me how to turn this
feature off?
Thanks
Eric

Diverej

Hey Taz,
Thanks for the reply. The file was created on a PC using XP (XL 2002
version) and is being transferred via an Apple Idisc to a home Mac running
Mac OS 10.3 panther.

When they select a cell on the mac, the cell expands to cover the adjacent
cells above and below so all you can see is the center cell data being
entered. It doesn't occur on the pc file, just on the mac.
Hope that's enough info and thanks for any help you can give me.

diverej