mogyie

Default How to use Picture as template

Hi All,

I have a professionally designed invoice that was created in
illustrator.
I want to use it as the layout for my invoices in Excel, rather than
using the an excel invoice template.

Problem is, when I enter the jpeg invoice into excel, it doesn't allow
me to select the cells covered by the jpeg.
i.e ...the cells I want to select are where I would enter the
description for what i'm billing.

* I tried making the jpeg a background, but then it doesn't print the
background
* I tried saving it as a template, but it still wouldn't let me select
the cells.

Any ideas ?

Migz

--
mogyie
mogyie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28155

Bryan Hessey

My only idea for a JPeg is to insert two copies, crop the top one up to
where you want the rows to appear, crop the bottom one down to where
you want the rows to appear, and see the rows in the middle.

Hopefully there are better ideas

mogyie Wrote:
[...]

Dave Peterson

You should be able to use the arrow keys to select the cells under the picture.

You can watch the namebox (to the left of the formulabar) if you lose track of
your position.

Although, I would think entering data under the picture wouldn't help a whole
lot.