ljfrantz40

Default What does the 8.43 and 12.75 represent in height and width of cell

In working with excel I notice that the default width (8.43) and default
height (12.75) seem to be visually different. What do the numbers represent?
Gary''s Student

Height is measured in points (72 points to the inch)
Width is measured in points (12 points to the inch)

--
Gary''s Student

"ljfrantz40" wrote:

In working with excel I notice that the default width (8.43) and default
height (12.75) seem to be visually different. What do the numbers represent?

Gord Dibben

Row heights are measured in points or pixels. There are 72 points to an inch
and "maybe" 96 pixels to the inch.

The number that appears in the Standard column width box is the average number
of digits 0-9 of the standard font that fit in a cell.

For an interesting and enlightening discussion on this subject see

http://snipurl.com/dzz8

Gord Dibben Excel MVP