a0relento

Default Help with date formating when export to Word

My reginal setting (PT-Portugal) in Windows for "date" is: dd/mm/yyyy,
instead of US normal setting of mm/dd/yyyy.

In Excel, dates appear OK, like my regional settings (ie: dd/mm/yyyy).

However, if I do a mailmerge into Word, using the sourcedata from excel, the
date comes like US setting (mm/dd/yyyy), which is no usefuk for me.

How can I solve this problem ???

Tks in advance for any help.
Anne Troy

Try the options he
http://www.officearticles.com/word/m...osoft_word.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"a0relento" wrote in message
My reginal setting (PT-Portugal) in Windows for "date" is: dd/mm/yyyy,
instead of US normal setting of mm/dd/yyyy.

In Excel, dates appear OK, like my regional settings (ie: dd/mm/yyyy).

However, if I do a mailmerge into Word, using the sourcedata from excel,
the
date comes like US setting (mm/dd/yyyy), which is no usefuk for me.

How can I solve this problem ???

Tks in advance for any help.

Peo Sjoblom

You probably should have asked that in a Word newsgroup but you can use
switches in word to format

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"a0relento" wrote in message
My reginal setting (PT-Portugal) in Windows for "date" is: dd/mm/yyyy,
instead of US normal setting of mm/dd/yyyy.

In Excel, dates appear OK, like my regional settings (ie: dd/mm/yyyy).

However, if I do a mailmerge into Word, using the sourcedata from excel,
the
date comes like US setting (mm/dd/yyyy), which is no usefuk for me.

How can I solve this problem ???

Tks in advance for any help.

a0relento

Dear Anne,
Tks for yr help.
The solution for me was not completely OK (the date came out like
"dd/00/yyyy" - ie: zeros in place of mm).
But I was able to find solution formatting field in word as "MM".
Tks again.