nooch127

Default #value won't go away

I have a financial report workbook with 1 spreadsheet per month. I have a
"Year end" sheet with categories into which I want to total a range of cells
from each month's sheet. I have used this formula:
=SUM(January!C32:C36+February!C32:C36+March!C32:C3 6+April!C32:C36+May!C32:C3
6+June!C32:C36+July!C32:C36+August!C32:C36+Septemb er!C32:C36+October!C32:C36
+November!C32:C36+December!C32:C36) for all"total" cells on the Year End
sheet, but it won't work for only one of them. Instead, it returns a
"#value". If I change the formula to only add the range of cells in 1
sheet, it works fine. Once I add a second sheet, the error returns.

I have double-checked the formats of all involved cells. All of them are
set to currency with 2 decimals, a $ and (-1234.56) for negative numbers.
(ALL cells containing dollar amounts are fomatting this way.)

I have tried everything I can think of! I've tried to use the evaluation
tool and the very first month (January!) shows the #value error. I have
tried omitting January!, but the error then starts with February! and so on.

I apologize for the "long story", but am trying to make this as clear as
possible. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I've spent too many days
on this!

Thanks

Nancy

Lilliabeth

Try

=SUM(January:December!C32:C36)

--
Lilliabeth
Lilliabeth's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27741

Biff

Hi!

Try this:

As long as the sheet tabs are ordered such that January is one end and
December is on the other end with all the other months in between those 2
sheets:

=SUM(January:December!C32:C36)

If you insert any new sheets between January and December they will also be
included in the sum.

Biff

"nooch127" wrote in message
[...]

keithl816

Hi Nancy,

Try replacing the plus signs with a comma.

Larry

--
keithl816
keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21287

Noangel

To My new BEST FRIEND BIFF!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Worked like a charm....and I learned
something new in the meantime! Lot's LESS work.

Thanks again,

Nancy

"nooch127" wrote in message
[...]

Noangel

Larry,

Thought about that, but didn't try it. Biff & Lillibeth had a working
suggestiong. Thanks though!

Nancy

"keithl816" wrote
in message ...