Andrew Chalk

Default Wrapping text in a cell

In a single cell, suppose I want text to appear on two lines. Viz:

Case One

Case Two

How do I do that so that I specify the wrap point?

Thanks!

If you are typing the data into the cell use Alt-Enter between each
string to indicate where you want a line break to occur.

Case One<Alt-EnterCase Two

Lilliabeth

Alt + Enter

--
Lilliabeth
Lilliabeth's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27741

If you are setting the contents of the cell via a formula or VBA code
make sure that you have changed the formatting for the cell also. Check
that the <right mouse click Format Cells / Alignment Tab / Wrap Text
check box is selected.

For example, I created a formula for a cell:

="1st line"&CHAR(10)&"2nd line"

This appeared as "1st line2nd line" on a single line in the cell
initially. Once I changed the cell formatting (as above), the cell
appeared as two lines with the 'split' as required.

Andrew Chalk

That does it!

Thanks!

oups.com...