William Elerding

Default Pivot Table Questions

I tried asking this earlier, but did not phrase it well. I am having
problems summarizing a list of the following data into a pivot table. The
data are for times between various order processing activities. I'd like to
develop a pivot table delineating the number of occurances (spread) by minute
for each of these three tasks. I can do a pivot table for each of them, but
not one master one with the minutes at the top of the pivot table, and
occurances by minute for each of the three steps below it. Any thoughts or
directions for me to follow?

Each Occurances:

Order" Collect" Receipt"
5 4 9
4 0 4
14 5 20
18 1 19
4 2 6
1 4 5
1 3 3
1 0 2
€¦ €¦ €¦
I'd like the table to look something like this:

minutes 0" 1" 2" 3" €¦
# Order
# Collect
# Receipt

Gary''s Student

Hi William:

By re-structuring you data you can make the pivot table a lot easier. Use
only two columns:

order 5
order 4
..
..
..
collect 4
collect 0
..
..
..
receipt 9
receipt 4
..
..etc.

Label the first column tasks and the second column values.
When you construct the table, drag the tasks to the row area, count of
values to the data area and values to the column area.

--
Gary's Student

"William Elerding" wrote:

[...]

William Elerding

Thanks "Gary"s Student", I'll give it a try. I'm trying make it an automated
process where the pivot tables and graphs refresh when new data is inported
onto the data-sheet. I'll play with a macro to reorganize the data on a
hidden sheet, and then show the Pivot Table.

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Hi William:

By re-structuring you data you can make the pivot table a lot easier. Use
only two columns:

order 5
order 4
.