vgurusa

Default Problem with Blank cells

Hi ,

I am trying to import Excel File to MS Access using Visual Basic.

The problem I encountered is as follows :

When I import an excel file, if the first row of an excel file contains
an empty cell then thereafter the data in that particular column doesn't
get imported!

I am using OLEDBJET 4.0 to connect and retrieve the data from Excel
Sheet.

It would be great, if anybody can post their thoughts on it!

Thanks,

Vijay

--
vgurusa
vgurusa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28100

Anne Troy

Vijay: Not a "good" answer, but the one I have used. Always put some
representative value in that cell. Make it a value you can easily find later
in Access, and delete. Doing this has always been easier for me than to find
the "real" solution. But I hope someone knows the real solution for you.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"vgurusa" wrote in
message ...

Hi ,

I am trying to import Excel File to MS Access using Visual Basic.

The problem I encountered is as follows :

When I import an excel file, if the first row of an excel file contains
an empty cell then thereafter the data in that particular column doesn't
get imported!

I am using OLEDBJET 4.0 to connect and retrieve the data from Excel
Sheet.

It would be great, if anybody can post their thoughts on it!

Thanks,

Vijay

--
vgurusa
vgurusa's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=476341

vgurusa

Troy,

I have solved the problem by setting the format cells property to
Number instead of General!

Thanks,

Vijay