S.E.

Default Time Sheet

I'm having an issue trying to find a formula that will work for the task I'm
trying to complete. I've created an Excel Spreadsheet...broken down into
Date columns, and the rows consist of "Time In, Time out, Time In, Time Out."
What I'm trying to do is at the end of every column have the time added up
and totaled, not including that middle timeout-timein (lunch period). For
each of the days of the week, then at the very end of the row that has the
daily total hours, I want to calculate the entire weeks total hours worked.
What formula's should I use to make this work?

Help!
Gord Dibben

S.E.

Chip Pearson has a page on his website that shows how to do this.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/overtime.htm

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 11:03:03 -0700, "S.E."
wrote:

I'm having an issue trying to find a formula that will work for the task I'm
trying to complete. I've created an Excel Spreadsheet...broken down into
Date columns, and the rows consist of "Time In, Time out, Time In, Time Out."
What I'm trying to do is at the end of every column have the time added up
and totaled, not including that middle timeout-timein (lunch period). For
each of the days of the week, then at the very end of the row that has the
daily total hours, I want to calculate the entire weeks total hours worked.
What formula's should I use to make this work?

Help!

Todkerr

If the time is always entered in the same format say "8:00" for 8am and
"14:00" for 2PM then believe it or not you can have a VERY simple formula.

set your formula to add all of your outs and subtract all of your ins within
a column. multiply your results by 24 (if entered in the format described
above.)

If you have an "in" without and "out" or if you enter in more than 1 time
format this simple fomula won't work. But otherwise it should be OK.
"S.E." wrote:

I'm having an issue trying to find a formula that will work for the task I'm
trying to complete. I've created an Excel Spreadsheet...broken down into
Date columns, and the rows consist of "Time In, Time out, Time In, Time Out."