-   -   how would I put the results of a formula in bold print... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/50466-how-would-i-put-results-formula-bold-print.html)

traybuddy

how would I put the results of a formula in bold print...

the formula that I am using is...

=TEXT((Q9-E1),"0.00")&" hrs"

I would liketo have the numeric answer show up in bold print...
Help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Gary''s Student

1. copy the cell containing the formula
2. in an un-used cell paste special as value
3. click on the copy
4. in the formula bar highlight the area and format as bold
--
Gary''s Student

"traybuddy" wrote:

the formula that I am using is...

=TEXT((Q9-E1),"0.00")&" hrs"

I would liketo have the numeric answer show up in bold print...
Help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Peo Sjoblom

Not possible with any functions, btw you can use a custom format getting the
same result

0.00 "hrs"

will display the same,

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"traybuddy" wrote in message
the formula that I am using is...

=TEXT((Q9-E1),"0.00")&" hrs"

I would liketo have the numeric answer show up in bold print...
Help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Ron Rosenfeld

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 08:17:07 -0700, traybuddy
wrote:

the formula that I am using is...

=TEXT((Q9-E1),"0.00")&" hrs"

I would liketo have the numeric answer show up in bold print...
Help on this would be greatly appreciated!

If you mean that you would like the numeric part to be bold, and the "hrs" to
be in a normal font, that is only possible with actual text strings, and not
with the results of formulas.

In other words, if your cell contained the string "0.00 hrs" it is possible to
have the 0.00 in bold and the hrs in a normal font.

This can be done either manually, or by using a VBA macro (Sub).

Is this what you want?

--ron