Michael

Default Formatting

Excel 2002
I have a sheet that contains numeric and date information. The date is being
shown as the integer value ie 38384 instead of 01/02/2005 (this is shown in
the formula bar). I can't change number formatting - increasing the number of
decimal places doesn't change the value displayed (this is shown as a cell
tip however). Any functions ie Autosum inset the function, not the result,
for example if I insert autosum for 8 columns it displays '=SUM(I4:I11)' and
not the result.
I can change the 'text' formatting - bold,underline,italic. I can change the
shading. I can't change the alignment.

Other worksheets are fine, no protection set

Any help gratefully received.