Bonnie.

Default User Defined/Custom Input

I have just finished creating a sales cost sheet for flooring installation
projects. The sheet consists of a number of drop down lists which allows the
sales manager to specify the details of the job ie. There are dropdowns
for different types of installation methods, underpad, transitions, stairs,
etc.... sales mgr selects the appropriate description in each cell (column A)
& the appropriate price shows up in the 'unit price' column. I would like to
incorporate another features into the sheet but I'm not sure how to do it.

If I use underpad as an example... we sell around 6 different type of
underpad on a regular basis. These 6 are associated with a dropdown for easy
selection. However, on occassion we need to supply a specialty underpad
which would not be included on this list of 6. Is it possible for me to have
a selection of 'Other' on this list & if selected user would be able to enter
a product description & unit price?

I would consider myself an advanced excel user, but not an expert (ie. I
have not written any code), so I might need some step by step help depending
how complex the solution is.

Thanks.
Biff

Hi!

I imagine that you're using some type of lookup formula to populate the
price cell?

Can't you simply use a separate cell dedicated to "other"?

For example:

You'd have to change your lookup formula to account for the selection of
"other"....

Then, use a dedicated cell where the user can enter what "other" means and a
separate cell to manually enter the price.

Biff