dayd

Default # of Days

I am using Excel 2003. I need to calculate the number of days since our last
accident. Tried using =days360, but am not getting an accurate count.
Example: End of month: 9/30/05. Need number of days since last incident
occurred on 3/25/05. Should be 189. When I use =days360, I get 185. Is there
another way I can get to 189 without having to manually count the days?
Thanks in advance.
bj

have you tried
=today()-a2
where a2 would be the cell with the date of the last accident

"dayd" wrote:

I am using Excel 2003. I need to calculate the number of days since our last
accident. Tried using =days360, but am not getting an accurate count.
Example: End of month: 9/30/05. Need number of days since last incident
occurred on 3/25/05. Should be 189. When I use =days360, I get 185. Is there
another way I can get to 189 without having to manually count the days?
Thanks in advance.

Roger Govier

Hi

Just take one date from the other and add 1
With Incident in A1 and 9/30/05 in B1
=B1-A1+1
Adding the 1 is necessary to make the calculation inclusive of both
first and last days.

Regards

Roger Govier

dayd wrote:

I am using Excel 2003. I need to calculate the number of days since our last
accident. Tried using =days360, but am not getting an accurate count.
Example: End of month: 9/30/05. Need number of days since last incident
occurred on 3/25/05. Should be 189. When I use =days360, I get 185. Is there
another way I can get to 189 without having to manually count the days?
Thanks in advance.

Domenic

If A1 contains 3/25/05 and B1 contains 9/30/05, try...

=B1-A1

Hope this helps!

In article ,
"dayd" wrote:

I am using Excel 2003. I need to calculate the number of days since our last
accident. Tried using =days360, but am not getting an accurate count.
Example: End of month: 9/30/05. Need number of days since last incident
occurred on 3/25/05. Should be 189. When I use =days360, I get 185. Is there
another way I can get to 189 without having to manually count the days?
Thanks in advance.

dayd

That's cool! It will allow me to see a day to day total. I also found that if
I use
=h2-b2
I can get 9/30/05-3/25/05=189. Thanks for your help.