Duncan

Default Value Search From a List in a Column

I want to use a formula to select from a list of products in a column that is
related to 2 variables eg if c1 = 2 and c4 = 400 then sum equals EV-R2-400.
The list of products relates to changes in Rx and -x eg
EV-R2-400 (cell S1)
EV-R8-800 (cell S2)
EV-R16-1000 (cell S3)
EV-R32-1600 (cell S4)
I can use this sum to select just one option, but cannot enlarge it
=IF(AND(c10,c1<5,c4=400),S1,0)
Any ideas, thanks.
ScottO

Sorry Duncan, but I'm having trouble interpreting what you're after.
If you are trying to return the Product Number that relates to a
certain pair of entries in C1 & C4, then you could use a formula like
="EV-R"&C1&"-"&C4 .
If you want to know whare that Product Number comes in the list of
Product Numbers, then you could use a formula like
=MATCH("EV-R"&C1&"-"&C4,ListRange,0) , where ListRange relates to
your list of Product Numbers.
But if you want something else, then I need further explanation ...
hth
ScottO

"Duncan" wrote in message
| I want to use a formula to select from a list of products in a
column that is
| related to 2 variables eg if c1 = 2 and c4 = 400 then sum equals
EV-R2-400.
| The list of products relates to changes in Rx and -x eg
| EV-R2-400 (cell S1)
| EV-R8-800 (cell S2)
| EV-R16-1000 (cell S3)
| EV-R32-1600 (cell S4)
| I can use this sum to select just one option, but cannot enlarge it
| =IF(AND(c10,c1<5,c4=400),S1,0)
| Any ideas, thanks.

Duncan

Sorry it is easy to see but hard to explain.
I have a list product numbers that relate to DVRS eg EV-R4-200. The R4
relates to number of channels and the 200 relates to HD size. I then have 2
cells which tell me the number of cells, from 1 to 32, and another cell which
will give me the HD size, 200-400-500-1000or1600.
So I wanted use a formula to that if eg C1 (channels) is than 0 and < 5,
C2 (HD size) = 200, then select D1(EV-R4-200), but if C1 is 4 and < then 9,
C2 is 400 then select D2 (EV-R8-400) etc building up the sum to include all
the products, which a
EV-R4-200
EV-R4-400
EV-R8-200
EV-R8-500
EV-R8-1000
EV-R16-200
EV-R16-400
EV-R16-500
EV-R16-1000
EV-R32-1000
EV-R32-1600

I can do the sum for one cell/part number but not for the rest.
My other option was to be able to select text from a group of numbers eg
EV-R4-200
EV-R4-400
0
0
0
EV-R16-200
0
0
0
0
0
Sum here = EV-R16-200 or text in any cell above (there will only be one text
line only)
If you can help great. I will try your suggestions anyway. Thanks