Blackcat

Default Fill Colour

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet that is defaulting fill colors in cells.

For example when I move, say column C to A, column C then has a group of
cells with colours. It also keeps adding colours at the far left of the
workbook which means when I come to insert a column it won't allow me as it
can't remove a cell with colors.

I inherited the original sheet and have no idea how this happens or how to
get rid of the problem.

I hope this makes sense and that someone can help!

Thanks
Faz

Highlight every cell (ctrl A) and change the font color. If this doesn't
work, the sheet might have some conditional formatting, (where the font
color might change depending on certain conditions) if this isn't the
case, macros also have the ability to change font color (if triggered)

Go to Format, then Conditional Formatting and remove the format if it
makes the cell font color different.
Unless the macros are vital for the spreadsheet to work, disable them
when opening the workbook. If the macros are important, keep them on,
they most likely change the cell color for a good reason.

I hope this helps.

--
Faz
Faz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27830

Blackcat

Faz,

It's not the font colour. The cells are filled in with colour (pattern).

There's no conditional formatting that I can find. I've checked style etc
etc but come up against a brick wall!!

"Faz" wrote:

Highlight every cell (ctrl A) and change the font color. If this doesn't
work, the sheet might have some conditional formatting, (where the font
color might change depending on certain conditions) if this isn't the
case, macros also have the ability to change font color (if triggered)

Go to Format, then Conditional Formatting and remove the format if it
makes the cell font color different.
Unless the macros are vital for the spreadsheet to work, disable them
when opening the workbook. If the macros are important, keep them on,
they most likely change the cell color for a good reason.

I hope this helps.

--
Faz
Faz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27830
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=475779

David McRitchie

Try Ctrl+G (edit, GoTo), special (button), objects
---
HTH,