-   -   column names - chane from numbrts back to A- z (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/50106-column-names-chane-numbrts-back-z.html)

genie

column names - chane from numbrts back to A- z

Another user of an excel sheet I created has changed the column names from
the alphabetic ones to numbers making the transfer of cells by thier ref.
difficultt . Instead of reading ref A1 for example it shows R1C1. Any ideas
how i can change it back - have searched help with no success

Chris Lavender

Go into Tools/Options/General and uncheck the R1C1 reference style box

Best rgds
Chris Lav

"genie" wrote in message
Another user of an excel sheet I created has changed the column names from
the alphabetic ones to numbers making the transfer of cells by thier ref.
difficultt . Instead of reading ref A1 for example it shows R1C1. Any

ideas
how i can change it back - have searched help with no success

pinmaster

Hi,
Maybe TOOLS/OPTIONS/GENERAL tab and uncheck R1C1 reference style

HTH
JG

--
pinmaster